Canoodling,Bangsar - Kuala Lumpur


This cafe restaurant has since closed.

"Canoodling" can mean the act of consuming noodles whilst in a  canoe, but the more used meaning is one of enjoying each other's company in close proximity.  Benjamin Yong, of the Malaysian Big Group, must have wanted us to be with good mates and loved ones when visiting his Canoodling chain in Kuala Lumpur and the Klang Valley of Selangor.  Bob and Sanei introduced me to this delightful concept restaurant, something that would go well with Sydney and  Melbourne diners.  I had a pleasing combination (picture above) as my mains - chicken with nasi lemak, accompanied by crackers, sambal condiment and vegetables.  There are also daily specials on the board. It was lunch time on one of my holidays and I was captivated by the business model and customer service found at this restaurant.  I also had a relaxing time catching up with mates I do not often meet up with.


Amidst the modern decor of pots, spatulas, pans and chalk boards, one can find comfort in old school books for part of the menu (below) and in the Cantonese styled soups from home - lotus cuts in a broth ( picture above).  There are also crayons available for guests to draw (doodling) whilst having their meals.





I was bowled over by the duck kuey chap (image above), a soup traditionally with innards, but transformed to be served with duck here. I also loved the
papaya salad ala Thai (picture below by Mr Bob Lee).

Canoodling offers the best of local and fusion creations, incorporating and riding on the varied tastes from South-east Asia and with a noodles theme.  It offers relatively value pricing and a good menu.  Ben Yong also runs the T Forty Two at the Empire Shopping Centre, Subang Jaya; Plan B at bangsar Village One in Kuala Lumpur; and For Goodness Sake.


Open daily, the branch of Canoodling I visited in early June is located at 2F29, Second Floor, Bangsar Village II, No.1 Jalan Telawi Satu, Bangsar Baru, in Kuala Lumpur.  I am told to try the deep fried eggplant with spicy floss; the pasta pad thai; the creamy mango puree with pomelo fruit bits; and the red duck confit noodles on my next visit. My overall impressions of Canoodling at Bangsar are:

Atmosphere:  Easy going, contemporary and innovative.
Location:  Shopping centre.
Taste: Good for most dishes.
People Engagement:  There was an impressive young waiter attending to us that afternoon on 5 June 2012.
Service:  Prompt with a smile.
Fav Dish Experienced:  Duck kuey chap.
Best Time to Visit: Anytime, open from 11am to 10pm every day.
Would I Return?: A definite yes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope