Madang Korean BBQ Restaurant Sydney NSW







I have had potato noodles, pancakes, marinated meats grilling in front of me and delightful dessert concoctions in the various Korean restaurants and cafes across greater Sydney.   Oh yes, I have blocked out the karaoke sessions, bar drinks and yet others more from years gone by.

And yet I have not been to the Madang along Sydney's Pitt Street.....what some others refer to as Koreatown!   Madang here has nothing to do with Papua New Guinea, as diggers from the Korea front know, but is a Korean term for an inner courtyard in a traditional Korean house set up, and which welcomes gatherings and meet-ups.

By hook or crook, no matter how quick a drop by, my mind was set to at least to grab a dish for a quick lunch on a working day.  Alas, the lunch menu was more limited when placed against my expectations, but never mind, let's go for it, all of us!   What would be a dish to test the place, what would be subtle yet providing taste - yet I went against all my initial principles when I saw the spicy seafood soup listed.

I was clear in my mind that it would not be a south-east Asian laksa, nor a French Bouillabaisse, and definitely not a clam chowder.   What was it?  The photo on the menu showed a rather empty bowl of orange looking soup - where were the sea creatures? 

There they were, mostly submerged behind a rather spicy hot dish, mainly several mussels on their shells, with some squid swimming nearby.  The noodles look hand made, but there was just too much water hanging around.

The saving grace was my face entree samplings of pickles, small eats and testers meant to warm up the palate. 

Madang has a reputation for late night availability, so that is my next strategy.  Yet others warn me about the queues that occur, a small price to pay for a city centre that gets more lively in the wee hours and which to has to still catch up with other world cities as to the vibrancy of night life.














Madang visited is located at 371A Pitt Street, Sydney NSW.
No reservations accepted.
Opening hours are from 1130am to 2am every day.
Contact +612 9264 7010





Sydney Madang Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope