Once In A While

Once in a while, I love the opportunity to turn over long unmoved corners of the house, and discover an unexpected delight that had been waiting for me all along.

I relish in being able to indulge in small talk, about apparently trivial matters, which at the end of the proverbial day, are truly more important to the soul than matters we go through whilst earning a living.

I enjoy the unexpected ocean breeze that brings to my senses the tail end of a myriad of stories, seen and unseen, above and below the water surface.

I am thrilled riding on the wave of having to keep persistently at a whole series of seemingly small tasks, but when I look back at it all, and having completed most of it,does give me an innate feeling of accomplishment.

I bask in the calmness of running water, whether in a fish tank or in a pond, but especially when rain continues to pour down in gentle showers over green grass and stones of character.

I get my adrenalin going exploring through hidden valleys, mysterious novels and diverse magazines, where the outcome at the end of the trail can be anything - and everything dear to the heart.

I am happy watching the full moon hover my moving car, as if both of us are gliding through a star-filled universe.

I feel the sense of forgotten freedom when I step out of an airplane ride, looking forward to reunions, food of childhood past and the liberation of both not doing anything and yet to be able to do something longed for.

I am refreshed by the cool crisp evening air of autumn and a silence of the night when I can hear a leaf move or an insect take off in flight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope