By The Time I Get to Ballarat

 An Ode to Victoria -

By The Time I Get To Ballarat 


"By the time I get to Tullamarine,

She'll be rising,

She'll find the note I posted on Signal,

She'll laugh, when she reads the part that says I'm coming

Cause I've wanted to, so many times before. 


By the time I make Southern Cross,

She'll be working,

She'll probably stop at lunch,

And give me a call,

But she'll just hear that phone keep on ringing,

Out of coverage, that's all 


By the time I make Ballarat,

She'll be sleeping,

She'll turn softly and call my name out low,

And she'll cry, just to think, I may not really be here,

Though time and time I've tried to tell her so

She just didn't know,

I would really love her so."


Most of the above Lyrics are credited to Jimmy Webb.


The greatest version, to me, of this hit song was rendered by Glen Campbell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vietnam - Some Souvenirs

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW