I Choose to Be Happy

Letting ourselves choose to be happy..... I can hear the pitter patter of an increasingly heavy rain downpour. Now, in the hour after sunset, nestled between the hills to the west and the ocean to the east. I choose to smell the refreshing moisture in the air. I choose to slowly unfurl at this hour to close the day. Soaking in water reinvigorates the body. I choose to anticipate the toast I am having for breakfast, uhm, tomorrow. I choose what uplifts me. I relish in getting my body break in sweat running up that hill - or soaking in the salty winds along the beach. I put my fingers to run over the bark of stately trees that stand like a sentinel of a friend looking over me - or breathe in the oxygen exuded by leaves as they make their chlorophyll. Tucked in bed, in a totally darkened space, my eyes look at the emerging stars across our Great Southern Sky. There is a lack of reflected artificial light, so the Universe up there becomes so much easier to discern and enjoy a view of. I choose to make more sense of all the episodes and incidents paraded in society, to find a more meaningful thread to explain such things. I choose to recognise causes rather than symptoms. I choose to ride on beneficial outcomes out from roadblocks and irritations, no matter how big or small they are. For example, looking for a safety pin made me more organised as to where to easily find a stand by first aid pack. Movement restrictions imposed by authorities made me more focused and less distracted. Misinformation led me to realise the truth. What looked like deprivation, disrespect and dissolution initially can lead to true personal liberation. I choose to see what can be, rather than what cannot. I choose to laugh, even if I may hurt. I choose to understand, even if there is nothing to start with. I choose to try. I choose to continue, towards where I want to go. I choose to go forward. I choose to continue heading to where I am meant for.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope