The Haberfield Post Restaurant, NSW

Haberfield Post Restaurant on Urbanspoon







The waiter was most attentive and smiling, offering suggestions and dish details with a patience and countenance of being interested. We took up his confirmation of zucchini flowers as an entree after Joyce had proposed it from the menu. We had no regrets. The former Il Goloso occupies a former real post office building, and instead of stamps and cards, it now serves as an unusual setting for Italian inspired traditions in cuisine.










Indoors at the Haberfield Post, it was an overall impression of white. Outdoors, it was more casual and more befitting a lazy evening after a long day for me in the north west corner of the larger Sydney area.



I had made a quick dash around the Windsor markets earlier in the morning, and amazingly (to me) found nothing to purchase there. Haha, maybe it was that rude lady stall market holder who put me off, by behaving as if I could not speak English and did not want me to approach her stall with my Iphone. She made me honestly think instead that she was mute by her not making a word but instead angrily displaying hand signs of unwelcome. However I reckoned that she was not mute. I said to her, no worries, that's fine and cool.



I then more than made up in recovery from that unexpected encounter by finding some bargain priced Villarey and Boch trinkets for the Christmas tree from the newly opened outlet of Victoria's Basement at Castle Hill. So it was a further delight for me to be able to relax in the Italian enclave of Haberfield, one of my fav hideouts in Sydney.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope