Coffee Tea & Me Cafe Marrickville NSW











It was just on the cusp of dawn.  

This cafe was already brewing the coffee and early risers were inside.  Neighbouring shops were still shut and Wicks Park was just across the nearby junction. 

The Campos blend was done justice by the barista - strong, flavourful and with body.    What attracted me to go inside initially was the wide choice of bagel breakfasts.   I could have just gave this place a walk past miss but I was curious about their more than several ways with bagels.  The spectrum included Hummus, Tofu, salmon, cottage cheese, Salami, roast beef and seasoned chicken.

I settled for a morning combo of a cuppa with a bagel and my choice was under ten dollars, 
Trying to avoid bacon, I finally opted for this ingredient with scrambled eggs and cheese when the version with greens was not available that day.











In this competitive and discerning market,  I noticed that the bagels were not what I expected and something was missing in the overall bite.  I am not sure what it was, were they prepared even before an order was made at the counter?  

Standing or sitting customers seemed transfixed with the coffee the barista was preparing.   
The two staff members were busy with their tasks and I did not wait too long for my eat-in bagels.  A supplier's employee was delivering boxes with a trolley and this accentuated how narrow the space was in the cafe -  he had to keep being apologetic when he kept coming in the way of those waiting for their freshly made coffee.


Most of the fillings in the bagels skewed towards breakfast stuff and at the time of early day I visited, there were more coffee takeaways than for other things.   To me, this seemed to be a quick stop by station as people scurried afterwards to the main business of day, to their parked vehicles, to the public transport and to work.


Bagels are evidently stacked up here and tables evoke Year One school desks.   The blackboard is written up fully with the space available.  One can deduct that this is a practical operation   - there is nothing over done in the layout and meagre furnishings.   Having said that, I took a fancy to the retro stuff they have around in the cafe, like the fridge, the shelves and the rustic feel inside.

Oops, with my preoccupation with bagels, I must say there were other food stuff there which I did not pay attention to.






Coffee Tea & Me Marrickville is located at 100b Sydenham Road, at the corner of with Victoria Road in Marrickville NSW.   
Opening hours are from 6am to 6pm every day.
Contact + 61 2  7900 8045

Other outlets of CTM are at Potts Point and Redfern NSW.


My impressions of Coffee Tea & Me at Marrickville NSW:
Ambiance: 3 out of 5

Customer Engagement:  3.5 out of 5
Culinary Delight: 3 out of 5 (the good coffee)
X Factor:  2.5 out of 5
Overall:    3 out of 5







Coffee Tea & Me Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope