Brendan Dewar Patisserre - St Ives, Sydney

Brendan Dewar Patisserie on Urbanspoon
The Opera Gateau sits beside another temptation.




A gem of a bakery and patisserie, hidden away upstairs at the St Ives village shopping precinct.
I can sense French, yet still Australian  - I am perhaps confused.  The macaroons are to die for, especially when Brendan has salted caramel - my weakness, joy and favourite!  And there are those savoury pies, on top of the delectable creations in sweet and for teatime!  I cannot plead for lack of choice here, the question is how to be moderate on my part in my selection.

Brendan's extensive experience and creativity shows through in his displays and diversity of what he offers at this upper North Shore location in suburban Sydney.  And don't ignore the birthday and wedding cakes.  For a quick visit, I suggest the mango tart, macadamia friand, macaroons and watermelon panna cotta.  Brendan provides a very European feel -it can be a pleasure just to observe the goings on of what his clients select on a  weekend arvo.

The Ju Ju stands out.  Creme caramel is served in a tin, with the Mango Creamux - great for the warm weather - a work of love and style.   Kids will be fascinated with the presentation of the chocolate banana split, served in a round glass container with chic balls.  I long for the pistachio butter cookies to savour on my next visit.  For savoury, I noticed the pumpkin and feta frittata, a country themed bite reflecting Mediterranean inspiration.  (There is also pumpkin and ham fritatta) And what flavour macaroon should I choose, if I am only allowed one - definitely the blackcurrant!

Brendan Dewar Patisserie is located at 119/166 Mona Vale Road at the St Ives Village Shopping Centre.
What transfixes me positively about this place - friendly service, variety of fare and special creations.
What to overcome - can the shopping metre provide more parking spaces, especially needed for weekends?
Overall this is a patisserie that stands out and worth checking out, for I shall return.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope