Wollongong NSW - Vignettes




"There are places I remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever, not for better
Some have gone and some remain"  (1)





"I'm already there 
Take a look around 
I'm the sunshine in your hair 
I'm the shadow on the ground 
I'm the whisper in the wind 
I'm your imaginary friend 
And I know I'm in your prayers 
Oh I'm already there " (2)



"Keys that jingle in your pocket
Words that jangle in your head
Why did summer go so quickly?
Was it something that I said?
Lovers walk along a shore
And leave their footprints in the sand
Was the sound of distant drumming
Just the fingers of your hand?
Pictures hanging in a hallway
Or the fragment of a song
Half-remembered names and faces
But to whom do they belong?
When you knew that it was over
Were you suddenly aware
That the autumn leaves were turning
To the color of her hair?"  (3)




"And storefronts rarely changed
At least I'm on my own again
Instead of anywhere with you
But, to me, it's all the same
And I lost my page. Again
I know this is surreal 
But, I'll try my luck with you
This life is on my side
Well, I am your one?
"Believe me, this is a chance," oh oh"  (4)






"The sun is on my side
Take me for a ride
I smile up to the sky
I know I'll be alright"  (5)


Footnotes:

(1) Places I Remember - Beatles
(2) I'M Already There - Lonestar
(3)  Windmills of Your Mind ( "Les Moulins de Mon CÅ“ur" ) - Michel LeGrand and Eddy Marnay
(4)  Trying Your Luck - The Strokes
(5) Pocketful of Sunshine  - Natasha Bedingfield




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope