The Autumn Leaves


Autumn leaves under frozen souls,
                                                      Hungry hands turning soft and old,
                                                      My hero cried as we stood out there in the cold,
                                                      Like these autumn leaves I don't have nothing to hold.
                                                      (Paola Nutini)


 
Red leaves falling through the branches
making their way to the ground
blowing by the flowers sleeping
no one knows the leaves are leaving.
(Haste The Day)





The falling leaves drift by the window
The autumn leaves of red and gold
I see your lips, the summer kisses
The sun-burned hands I used to hold
( Nat King Cole)


The Chestnuts came in yellow,
The Oaks in crimson dressed;
The lovely Misses Maple
In scarlet looked their best;
All balanced to their partners,
And gaily fluttered by;
The sight was like a rainbow
New fallen from the sky.
(George Cooper)



Every stained page is stressed
by a splat of color. Rough-red,
like an old tavern,
        we become hungry birds
and prepare for fall.
Shape and shadow are candied citron

(Mary Hamrick)



You may gather from me
the spring of my youth,
my summer of maturity,
and hold onto with me,
the solace of these days
of remembering
before the frost.

(Judith A. Lawrence)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope