Delight In the Detail

While I was waiting in line at the Big W checkout aisle, I noticed various little packs of what supermarkets think we need, whether for travel or everyday use. They ranged from mints, napkins, moisturiser and toiletries to toothpaste, all packaged in unassuming white box packets. I chose the instant shoe shine.

I had the opportunity to attend a stage performance skilfully displaying a blend of martial arts, dramatic acting and ballet. It was unusual but emphasised to me the commonality in physical expression and exertion in the creative arts.

Most pleasant for me was unexpectedly catching up with someone whom I can be just be myself - no appointments needed. Each of us was in transit at a fast food takeaway between things to do, but I guess both of us appreciated the chat and break from the routine and the list of have-to-dos!

What fed my inner soul was cruising through early Sunday morning with saved versions of episodes of the sitcoms Two and A Half Men and the Big Bang Theory. I wish there was rain dripping outside the lounge doors, but I realised that I already had that the weekend before.

I made my attempt at a a fusion meal with rice noodles, Italian meat balls, white button mushrooms and Asian stock soup. It was tasty!

I was earnestly looking for household cleaning stuff and wound up with a couple of pretty flowering chrysanthemum pots. I went to collect my order for one of Shaun Tan's artistic creations, The Arrival, and also stumbled into a Deepak Chopra book.

I felt a huge sigh of relief after I finally had my hair shaped after weeks of self-diversion and neglect. Then on the way home at dusk, I saw a shop called Pet Style, just before the northern side of the Tom Ugly Bridge.

I had lunch of goat curry cooked by a Vietnamese cafe and felt revitalised while going through various emotions watching the Danny Boyle movie, Slumdog Millionaire. A childhood of actually seeing Bollywood movies did greatly prepare me to deeply appreciate the nuances and delights of this insightful film.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope