Swaying In The Silent Wind

It is very quiet on campus today. Mainly Asian students lingering around and they do summer semester sharpening their English language requirements, before getting into their undergraduate courses proper.

There is no food sold on campus, so I have to go out for lunch. Even the ducks seem to be away on holiday, they are no where on their favourite ponds.

Instead of city traffic and sounds, I hear bird song. It is that kind of day when leaves high up on a tall tree sway in the silent wind.

It’s a great day for the surf. I bumped into Paul Mason, a KPMG staff member cum UOW student, and he hinted that it was a great day to be at the beach at Wombarra, instead of us being on this hillside park that we call our work place for today. I also see Josh and another Kev, and they are working hard fixing hardware around campus.

I went home at lunch hour and noticed that the canna lilies, that Danielle and Shane Campbell gave me from their home garden, are sprouting blooms for the first time – a royal yellow at that. The hibiscus plant nearby also provides another yellow flower, with perhaps a deeper hue. The lawn grass is growing too well again in this current weather, a perfect mix of moderate sunny days and night showers.

It can be a lazy week, with New Year’s Eve on a Monday night, followed by a chill out New Year’s Day. This morning I was awakened by the soft swoosh of my neighbour watering his garden – yes, it’s the allowed day in New South Wales for using the hose, provided it is before 10am and after 4pm. The nearby dams are also filling up at a good pace, from 30 percent a year ago to 60 percent today.

Tonight, I better cook. I cleared up my food from the fridge before NYE. I also look forward to the therapy of watering the plants outdoors this evening before a late sunset.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope