The Sweetness of Life


The weekend begins, but before I lose myself in the state of being voluntarily hanging in a state of nothingness, with no care for a sense of time and the rigour of schedule, I want to be thankful for some things today that are wonderfully important to me.

I have had my eyes opened and my mind broadened to rise above the apparent surface and regime of what life seems to be. Whilst I subject myself to the so-called requirements of a life, it is only fair that life subjects me to certain encounters that widens my perspectives and thereby liberates my attitude and thinking. And that experience has been gratifying.

I just had the opportunity to know that a close mate has been given the all clear bill in health, after persistently and patiently overcoming a growth that is not desired. I salute him in this welcome positive of events, and I admire the consistent and reliable care that his wife has bestowed on him.

Inside me, I begin to acknowledge more the efforts of individuals in my working environment to help create a fun atmosphere. Even if there are busy demands placed on all of us during business hours, it has been great for me to be able to exchange short greetings to be infused with their positive moods and demeanour. We then scurry back to our tasks with greater determination and motivation.

It has been good to be able to ease into catching up with individuals whom I don't get to meet very often, and yet they make me feel so at home at heart when we do. With a sense of humour, a bit of being adventuresome and with a smiling face.

When there have been difficult moments, I thank the friends who allow me to be articulate and expressive about them. Even when they don't have to listen, and may not agree, I appreciate those individuals who lend their time, ear and interest. Subconsciously they allow me to air my views, and by doing so help me better resolve the situation, and make me come to a sensible perspective. Each of them knows the power of being given a listening ear, and I only hope that I can return this favour to each of them.

Most special of all today is someone who listened to me with a mature intensity in a delicate situation. I want to especially remember the patient demeanour and focussed ear offered to me. I may not have deserved this attention, especially when it was topped up by a follow-up gesture of a drink that lightened my heart and illustrated empathy with me.

That, to me, encapsulates the true sweetness of life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope