Another Day

Aiya, don't forget dinner, I mention to Bee as she untangles tax related intricacies for her employer , still in the office.   On my side, I am trying to figure out how to download images captured on my Iphone to a computer, another kind of headache, as I seem to cannot locate the cable in the IPhone delivery box from mobile phone to a computer!

John, one of  my colleagues, kindly came to help me set up the monitor on my new tv cabinet - it needed a longer aerial cable. This was done under the suppression of the high of the Australian summer heat, amidst the joys of living in a small town....yeeya! Now the monitor sits nicely a bit higher on the pine wood cabinet, and I am half-watching a China movie on SBS 2. There are now 13 digital free to air channels in Oz.

Luckily Wollongong is near the ocean and around sunset (830pm currently here), more than a breeze blows in. I am half tossing about putting an air conditioner, but its only used for such few hot days in summer in the Gong. The daun gaduh in the garden has been observed wilting if I do not hose them with water every 3 days these past few weeks. I think of some individuals I know who make a fuss about leaving carbon footprints and go gung-ho about environmental sustainability - and then without remorse go home in this heat to air-conditioned comfort. Here I am resisting hooking up air-conditioners, whilst at work I wilt like the gaduh leaves as the old air-conditioning tubes  in my office building do not have sufficient capacity for the new work station lay outs below them with increased numbers of staff.

I had a chance to visit my local fav butcher, Paul's Meats, in Fairy Meadow this evening on the drive home from work. Hey ya, this is as if I live in a small town in the sixties in peninsular Malaysia. It's liberating to be able to get fresh quality meats fifteen minutes before I cook dinner and tonite it is kong tau yew bak, juicy, lean pork neck cuts dowsed in soy sauce, livened with a dose of oyster brew, marinade with garlic and garnished with a small roll of cinnamon. Goodbye Woolworths and Coles, eat your heart out. This is what I mean by, and enjoy, living in a village.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Kevin,

I found your blog a great read.

Have a great day! Cheers Rosy
Zuri said…
The Galapagos Islands are the most incredible living museum of evolutionary changes, with a huge variety of exotic species (birds, land and sea animals, plants) and landscapes not seen anywhere else.

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope