Twenty Years

The days count towards my 20 years in Australia. What are my top twenty things I cherish from this stay in this big dry land?

A penchant for lamb from the land and opportunities to mingle with almost every culture from around the world.
Understanding better my Straits Chinese roots.
Sunday nights having home cooked dinner in Carlingford.
Thankfulness for having a network of truly great mates and relatives.
Rearing goldfish and listening to the rhythmic bubbles of the aquarium or the water bamboo spout feature.
Ability to refresh my inner soul and social side with family and good overseas friends each Lunar New Year.
Lanterns that light my way outside my house.
Inspiration from special individuals whom I have been fortunate to know.
Amazement at the amount and quality of printed media in postboxes, newspapers,magazines...until cyberspace took over.
Understanding my Cantonese roots.
Salmon grilled, steamed or added to pasta.
Tingling at driving sensations over a variety of roads, sceneries and weather.
Relishing liberal freedoms and at times too much choice, but why is there no true winter?
Abalone, oysters and lobsters enjoyed in a degustation course.
Lifting my inner passion for caring for dogs, plants, fruits and blooms.
Immersing myself in soft sleep on a perfectly quiet dawn.
Accepting that there is not much night life after work on most days, but then there is some jazzy tv viewing at times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope