Riding Along and Taking In the View

We may only recognise the full value of appreciated things until we no longer have it. I remind myself to take ten minutes a day to realise what went right and what was achieved each day. The proportion of problems to achievements usually fall into
5 and 95 percent respectively. And then - aren't problems also opportunities?

Ninety days have passed through in the so-called new year. I have had reunions, catch-ups and meetings with people I think really matter. I also acknowledge that I should see other people dear to my heart as well - and have not. Summer this time had not been intense. The mint in my back yard has revitalised these hot autumn days coupled with its coolish nights. The icebergs and yellow bush roses are starting to bloom. Every time I go into a department store or hotel, I want to re-organise my home. When I put my mind to it, I rediscover the joys of cooking.

I have kept on pursuing some things important to me, but there has been no tangible result. At the same time, I take secret delight in things that have gone well. I cherish the smiles of individuals who in their own special ways let me know they are there for me. I have had the pleasure and fortune to get to know certain personalities better. There was also an awakening in me to balance my life after work in better fashion with life working. I am glad that I have turned around unpleasant encounters into something useful, underlying the old adage of it's all how we react to things thrown at us that is most critical - and not the things themselves.

Starting with fireworks over the Sydney Harbour Bridge on New Year's Eve, and now on the cusp of Easter, Ching Ming, Songkran, the Hindu New Year and all these festivals that congregate in April, I fully take in that the experience is the journey and not the destination. I most fondly recall my return to Penang Hill in my home city; cooking rissoles; riding a citicat boat along the Brisbane River, with the wind full on my face; enjoying a late night dessert along Liang Seah Street, Singapore; tucking in Haberfield, Sydney; and enjoying work with one of the best teams in my career. There are more, like the karaoke night with Mum, brothers and Aunty Kuchai and company in her house. And freshly cooked meals prepared from the inner heart, wherever I go visit. All these give me the motivation, courage and excitement to go even more forward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope