The Most Relaxing State

Researchers and scientists have tried to study and analyse it. They may even have tried to replicate it. However, this is not a matter for sequential breakdown or controlled experiments. This is more of a case of a personal dimension, a moment of not the meeting of the stars and the moon in the heavens, but the alignment of the right physical, psychological and physiological elements in a hallmark moment belonging to the inner soul.

Many strive for this state - when both body and mind are caught up in a feeling of content. This may arise strangely enough after we have been put through much pressure and challenge, and on overcoming them, we glide into another world inside ourselves, when the frailties and temporariness of external things are of mere relative unimportance, and our whole internal navigation and sensory system suddenly bask in the realisation of the true dimension and purpose of existence.

Lounging on a sofa, after a week of my adrenalin rushing for both the right and wrong reasons, after my subconscious had been worked overtime pondering on the games energy-depleting people play and after achieving things despite the roadblocks, the moment came. There was dire need for housekeeping ( hey, what did I expect after coming home late working my heads off in the office) but I and my goldfish were still barely being fed in the looming disorder ( haha, maybe due to my penchant for over stocking on groceries rather than practising the Dell just-in-time customer delivery system). They did not matter. The totally unexpected feeling of things going right, despite the unreasonable rumblings of the rabble and riff-raff, overcame me, with a smile in my heart.

My body agreed. I could feel my breathing patterns wallowing in joy. I am told that a lack of the right challenge can also lead to boredom and discontentment. I know myself that equally an unnecessary level of undeserved irritations does distract from my true path. Fran reminded me to detach. Shell once said that if I have to go out to enjoy on a weekend, and the house is in a mess, just go out, Kevin, and the mess can wait. On that lounge, these two reminders to me rang so true. The unnecessary, unrequired and undeserved irritations can wait. Letting go suddenly became an experience, not a cliche.

So the storm and the billowing winds can rage outside. People aggressively intent on being difficult to me can go on raging by themselves and clean up their own mess. The night flows on unimpeded with a purpose and satisfaction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope