I am told that it is the best time of the year. I was convinced it is. Autumn in this southern climatory zone.
I live too near the tropics and too far from the true temperate altitudes. There are no brown falling leaves, and it still feels like summer. Bed quilts are only required in the middle of the night but no wardrobe changes are in the air.
Mid-April, and there has been a host of cultural occasions marked. Easter, Ching Ming, Songkran, the stop of daylight savings time, Anzac Day and the end of the Australian fringe benefits tax year.
Originally from the northern hemisphere, I have intinctively done "spring" cleaning. Not just at home, but also in the office and in virtual cyberspace. It feels good, and the cobwebs of the mind go along into the "delete" click and good-riddance bin. The Maz 6 is to go, so I have been visiting car yards in Wollongong - I like the convenience of having all the vehicle brands represented wihtin ten minutes drive from home.
Kindly Yours - A collection of writings, thoughts and images. This blog does contain third party weblinks. No AI content is used.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Somewhere In Time
Some views hold that time is just a useful invention of humans and not a natural phenomenon. Time management is the basis of human society....
-
The escarpment of the Illawarra is not far away on a new concept cafe along Princes Highway in Corrimal, ten minutes north of Wollongong C...
-
Parramatta in New South Wales was settled by the British within a few months of landing at Sydney Cove. Today, in an adjoining suburb, H...
-
They say, never go shopping whilst you are hungry and about to have your next meal shortly. In the logistics of modern life, when you are tr...
No comments:
Post a Comment