April Transitions

I am told that it is the best time of the year. I was convinced it is. Autumn in this southern climatory zone.
I live too near the tropics and too far from the true temperate altitudes. There are no brown falling leaves, and it still feels like summer. Bed quilts are only required in the middle of the night but no wardrobe changes are in the air.
Mid-April, and there has been a host of cultural occasions marked. Easter, Ching Ming, Songkran, the stop of daylight savings time, Anzac Day and the end of the Australian fringe benefits tax year.
Originally from the northern hemisphere, I have intinctively done "spring" cleaning. Not just at home, but also in the office and in virtual cyberspace. It feels good, and the cobwebs of the mind go along into the "delete" click and good-riddance bin. The Maz 6 is to go, so I have been visiting car yards in Wollongong - I like the convenience of having all the vehicle brands represented wihtin ten minutes drive from home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Aunty Gaik Lian's - Straits Chinese, Georgetown, Penang

85 Degrees Bakery Cafe Hurstville NSW

Return to Eythrope